Subtitle: A Celebration of the Explorers’ Club’s Discovery of the Northern Nevada Ichthyosaur
To be held on September 17, 2016 at Piper’s Opera House in Virginia City, NV.
Buy Tickets HERE. Sustaining Members, please email email@example.com to get your secret code.
For updates and to connect with the conversation, join our Facebook event HERE.
Be sure to check back for more posts about individual events!
Join High Desert Steam on September 17, 2016 in historic Virginia City for our 6th Annual Victorian Steampunk Ball. Dance the night away in Piper’s Opera House to The Velveteen Band and The Nathaniel Johnstone Band. Relish the air conditioned comfort, back at Piper’s just for you. Enjoy free desserts and a cash bar with drink specials chosen just for you. This year we will be joined again by the Aether Brigade and the League of Proper Villains. Foxx Foto will bring back printed on site, commemorative pictures.
During the day, join us at noon for our annual parade. Visit our vendors next to Piper’s to find that perfect finishing touch for your outfit. Walk the Virginia City boardwalk and enjoy the Comstock ambiance. You may even be able to catch a train ride!
While we are sad to announce that Asha will not bring back their Medicine Show this year, we are happy to announce that their departure has allowed us to arrange a Saturday early evening treat for you! We have arranged some entertainment and a buffet dinner, so don’t miss our brand new Dinner Theatre! Seating is limited, and Piper’s will be air conditioned for your comfort. We are offering a few VIP seats for people who want to give High Desert Steam a little extra support and get the best seats. Except for the VIP tickets, this special dinner is also being offered at our cost. We are arranging for both omnivore and vegetarian food. We know that eating in Virginia City can be a challenge. We just want to turn it from frustrating to a fun pre-party!
Don’t forget to pick up meal tickets to make sure you can catch a bite to eat. We have arranged to have food specials Friday and Saturday so you don’t have to scramble. Friday dinner will include a special performance by the Nathaniel Johnstone Band. Come meet Nathaniel, Tempest, and Dogwood up close and personal! Friday Dinner, Saturday breakfast, and Saturday lunch will be at the Canvas Cafe at 420 B Street, Virginia City, NV 89440. These meal tickets are being offered to you at our cost.
All meal tickets much be purchased by September 2nd so that we can give the caterer an accurate head count.
All tickets, including food tickets, can be picked up at Will Call at Piper’s Opera House. For Friday night, just show up at the Canvas Cafe.
It will be a night to remember!
Brief Breakdown of what tickets are and what you get for each ticket:
Early Bird Ball Ticket: $52. Regular Bird Ball Ticket: $59. There are also child ball tickets available for $25. This ticket gets you a wristband that:
- Admits you to the Ball There will be no secondary, free venue this year,
- Two Steampunk Headliners for your listening and dancing enjoyment! The Velveteen Band will lead off, and The Nathaniel Johnstone Band will close,
- A Grand March, back by popular demand,
- Costume Contest,
- One Photo Booth Ticket that includes one printed picture to take with you,
- Air conditioning in Piper’s,
- Dessert Buffet (Limited quantities as we are paying full price for this year, not the ingredients only price that we had for the first five years. Please, do not skip dinner!),
- Cash Bar in the back corner of the Ballroom with drink specials, and
- A few surprises.
The other tickets are all meal tickets. All meal tickets except for the VIP ticket are at our cost. We just wanted someone to be ready to deal with our patrons and to get a good deal. In the order that the meals will be provided, the tickets are:
– Friday Dinner (includes a performance by Nathaniel Johnstone): $20 (12 and under Child ticket for $10),
– Saturday Breakfast: $12.50 (12 and under Child ticket for $6.25),
– Saturday Lunch: $12.50 (12 and under Child ticket for $6.25),
– Saturday Dinner Theatre (Dinner + Entertainment): $29 (12 and under Child ticket for $14.50), and
– VIP Saturday Dinner Theatre (Dinner + Entertainment + Donation): $59.
On top of these ticket fees, Eventbrite adds their fees. If you are looking at their website on your phone, the fees are already added in.