A STEAMPUNK ADVENTURE
With Spring in the air, the Air Ships are gathering at the Silver City Aerodrome (aka Nugget Casino Resort in Sparks, Nevada). The passengers and Air Ship crews are in for a rare treat. They have arrived to attend a Steampunk Convention designed by High Desert Steam to delight the senses and amuse the mind.
We have expanded our annual Expo and is now a 3 day extravaganza! The Silver City Aerodrome gates open Friday, March 18, at 1:00 pm and close on Sunday, March 20, 2016, at 5:00 pm.
Your boarding pass includes:
- Hands On Workshops (fee for materials might apply)
- Special Guests featuring: Doc Phineas, Ave Rose, Sidney Eileen and Killbuck
- Special Guest and Workshop Teacher’s Meet and Greet Friday Evening
- Comstock Mercantile
- Steampunk Art
- Silent Auction (benefiting the Food Bank of Northern Nevada)
- Steampunk Shooting Gallery
- Tea Dueling
- On-stage / Roving Entertainment
- And much more!
On Saturday evening, March 19, the Nevada Cadet Band, the first known formal music ensemble at the University of Nevada, will present The Time Traveler’s Ball. We are expecting traveler’s from any time, any place … any universe. Ball proceeds will be used to buy the band uniforms appropriate to the group’s founding year of 1888. See nvcadetband.org for more information about the University of Nevada Cadet Band.