Ladies and Laddies, we are just over a week away from the fantabulous 6th Annual Victorian Steampunk Ball at Pipers Opera House in Virginia City!
Don’t have your ticket yet? Get your tickets here. In honor of our Burning Man friends who were stuck in unbelievable traffic and unable to successfully access Eventbrite on spotty Aether Waves, we have extended our Flash Sale through the weekend. If you did not attend Burning Man, we will look the other way while you buy your discounted tickets as well.
If you are a Sustaining Member, don’t forget to request your special Discount Code that gets you a ticket at below cost by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This year is a special year for our Ball, as it will likely be the last at Piper’s Opera House. Big things are in the works for our little event. Come cut a rug one last time with us in this glorious venue to the music of the Velveteen Band and the Nathaniel Johnstone Band. Laugh it up with the Aether Brigade. Show off your finest in a Grand March. Take home a complimentary souvenir picture. We can’t wait to see you.
The Festivities start Friday night at the Canvas Café with a Murder Mystery and end with our world famous Ball Saturday night at 8 pm. You don’t want to miss it. Visit Our Website for descriptions of all the happenings. Here is the bare bone schedule:
Schedule (times subject to variation. Parade, Dinner Theater, and Ball times are firm):
Friday, September 16, 2016
- 6 pm to 10 pm: Dinner with Acoustic Set by the Nathaniel Johnstone Band and Murder Mystery by The Aether Brigade at Canvas Cafe
Saturday, September 17, 2016
- 7 am to 11 am: Breakfast at Canvas Cafe,
- 11 am: lineup for Parade, please RSVP here,
- Noon to 1 pm: Parade,
- 1 pm to 8 pm: Vending next to Piper’s Opera House,
- Post parade to 3 pm: Lunch at Canvas Cafe,
- 5 pm to 7 pm: Dinner Theatre in Piper’s Opera House,
- 7 pm to 8 pm: Changeover from Dinner to Ball,
- 8 pm to Midnight: Sixth Annual Victorian Steampunk Ball,
- 8 to 10 pm The Velveteen Band,
- 8:15 Grand March,
- 8:45 Costume Contest,
- 10 pm to midnight: The Nathaniel Johnstone Band, and
- Midnight to 1 am: Load out and clean up of Piper’s Opera House.
If you would like to see more amazing events like this, consider clicking the donate button for a small donation, purchasing a VIP Dinner Ticket or becoming a Sustaining Member. Without your support, none of this is possible. We will also have HDS merchandise for sale at the Ball from $1 buttons to $15 mugs to $20 t-shirts. We are also looking for ongoing volunteers for positions like Membership Director, Public Relations, Social Media Director, and Vendor Coordinator. We can’t thank you enough for your help.
We can’t wait to see you there!
High Desert Steam