WELCOME TO HIGH DESERT STEAM
High Desert Steam is a Reno based, Northern Nevada Steampunk group. Whether you’re a life-styler or a hobbiest, a cos-player or just curious, you’re welcome! We’re interested in a past that never was and a future that may have been – the sci fi and phantasmagorical in the age of steam.
High Desert Steam was organized to further the understanding of Steampunk and as a venue for Northern Nevada (and it’s environs) to discuss all aspects of Steampunk including promotion of Steampunk events by any and all who hold them. High Desert Steam does not discriminate – merely requests that all who post and attend have one goal in mind – furtherance and joy in this genre called STEAMPUNK!!!
November 16th and 17th 2019 High Desert Steam Presents the Steampunk Expo and Ball — Winter in Wonderland at the Wilbur D. May Center and Ranch House in Reno, Nevada!
Whether you make a fetching Alice, a mischievous Cheshire Cat or a very late Rabbit, you will fit right in at the Winter in Wonderland Expo and Ball. Saturday and Sunday Expo full of workshops, panels, music, dancing, authors, actors, art, vendors and more.
- Wonderland an Epic Experience
- Strangely Doesburg
- The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party (separate ticket required)
- Tea Dueling with Vivian Dare in the March Hare’s Tea House
- Board Game Room sponsored by the Glass Die
- Sacramento Steampunk Society Bobbies
- Featured Artist and winner of 2019 Reno Art Fest Judges Choice Andrea Kitchen
- Authors including:
- Dover Whitecliff
- Michael Tierney
- AJ Sikes
- BJ Sikes
- Shelli Frew
- Workshops and Panels including:
- Northern Nevada Lindy-hop presents Blues and Fusion and Swing Dance
- Clockwork Monster presents Cameos
- Michael Tierney presents Beyond Darwin
- BJ Sikes presents Creating Compelling Characters
- Dover Whitecliff presents Steampunk Haiku
- Penelope Dreadful presents Accessorizing for the Evil Doer
- David Jackson presents Improvised Role Playing
Saturday night Ball with DJ Khaleesi, Strangely Doesburg and Mary Freaking Crawley’s costume contest! Keep checking back for updates and details.
Early Bird Tickets are on sale now for the crazy low price of $36 (plus fees) for the Weekend Pass and get the limited seating Mad Hatters Tea for $22 (plus fees).
Check out clips from last year’s Expo!